Terms and Conditions for Providers
In the interests of informing students of vacancies in a variety of housing options including rooming houses, share houses and vacant properties, Melbourne Polytechnic offers an advertising service hereby known as the Melbourne Polytechnic Off-Campus Accommodation database.
The Provider is anyone that submits an advertisement for the Melbourne Polytechnic Off-Campus Accommodation database.
By registering on the Melbourne Polytechnic Off-Campus Accommodation database and by submitting an advertisement, the Provider agrees to the Terms and Conditions outlined below:
1. An advertisement listing carries no statement of endorsement by the Melbourne Polytechnic.
2. You must make your own assessment of a student's character, financial means and/or suitability as a tenant.
3. Any lease arrangement negotiated between you and a Melbourne Polytechnic student is the responsibility of the parties involved.
4. Melbourne Polytechnic reserves the right not to list housing for any reason at its absolute discretion. You are responsible for ensuring that your listing on Melbourne Polytechnic Off-Campus Accommodation database is complete and accurate and complies with any relevant laws. Melbourne Polytechnic reserves the right at any time to:
- refuse to list any property considered unsuitable for students
- refuse entry of a listing into the system in the event of a serious prior complaint regarding the suitability of specific housing and/or practices undertaken by the housing provider
- take any action deemed necessary in relation to a listing which is the subject of a complaint and/or which may contravene the law or these terms and conditions
5. Melbourne Polytechnic makes no guarantees about the number of hits to Melbourne Polytechnic Off-Campus Accommodation database nor does it guarantee that a housing provider will find tenants as a result of using Melbourne Polytechnic Off-Campus Accommodation database to advertise their vacancy.
6. Melbourne Polytechnic does not guarantee the availability of the Melbourne Polytechnic Off-Campus Accommodation database or that access to the Melbourne Polytechnic Off-Campus Accommodation database will be free of defects, viruses or errors.
7. You are responsible for providing accurate and current information when submitting an advertisement to Melbourne Polytechnic Off-Campus Accommodation database and for managing the content you submit.
8. Due to our verification and approval processes, we are unable to approve an advertisement containing a language other than English.
9. A listing will be displayed on the website for a defined period only (ordinarily 28 days), after which time it will be removed from publication. During peak times listings may not be able to be listed for the full defined period.
If you wish to continue advertising your vacancy on the system after the defined period has been completed, it is your responsibility to apply to reactivate the listing. You will be notified of the result of your application for re-listing.
10. If the database is near capacity preference will be given to Melbourne Polytechnic students advertising rooms in share houses.
11. You must remove your listing from the Melbourne Polytechnic Off-Campus Accommodation database within 72 hours of filling your advertised vacancy.
13. Melbourne Polytechnic believes that better tenancy outcomes are attained when you are educated about your rights and duties. We encourage Providers to obtain information from the Consumer Affairs Victoria (CAV) website or by calling 1300 55 81 81.
14. Melbourne Polytechnic may provide a copy of the advertisement to students to assist them in taking any action against the Provider where there is a dispute between the two parties.
Please also refer to FAQs for Providers.